Princess Bookie's Reviews > Black City

Black City by Elizabeth  Richards

bookshelves: read2012

My Thoughts: When I first started this one, I wasn’t sure what was going on. It was somewhat hard to understand all the terms but it clicked pretty fast.

We are introduced to Ash who is a half darkling and Natalie who is the Emissary’s daughter. In this world, the Emissary is powerful. Any kind of romance is forbidden between humans and darklings.

Natalie meets Ash and is drawn to him. The chemistry is there from the get go even though they dislike each other. She also ends up attending his school and meeting a couple new friends.

Because Ash is a darkling she should stay away from him. Darklings are a type of creature that feeds on blood with fangs but they aren’t actually vampires. There are also all different kinds of darklings.

Ash and Natalie become friends and more happens from there. Behind the scenes there is a lot going on with the Emissary and the way of the world. People want darklings dead, they don’t want to live with them while others believe that they should co-exist.

Everything stands in the way of Ash and Natalie being together, other people, the law, lots of things.

There was a lot going on in Black City, way too much detail to mention. It's one of those novels you should read for yourself and hopefully you’ll enjoy it as much as I did. It’s also told in multiple points of view, which I really liked.

Black City was a fantastic debut you should read as soon as possible.

Overall: I could write a lot more about Black City but it's complicated. You have to really read it to fully understand everything. So do me a favor, and just go read it so you can enjoy it like I did!!!

Cover: Like it! Its colorful!

What I’d Give It: 5/5 Cupcakes
_________
Taken From Princess Bookie
www.princessbookie.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black City.

February 29, 2012 – Shelved
June 14, 2012 – Started Reading
June 14, 2012 – Shelved as: read2012
June 19, 2012 –
page 35
June 19, 2012 –
page 152
June 20, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

Brooke how do you like it so far?!

Princess Bookie really like it so far. im about 200 pages in now.

Brooke Did you totally fall for Ash or did you TOTALLY FALL FOR Ash!? lol

Princess Bookie YES!!!! lol

Brooke Princess Bookie wrote: "YES!!!! lol"

THE BLACK PHOENIX!! HA! I want book 2! :)

Princess Bookie me 2!! but thats gonna be hard since this one isnt even out yet. lol

Brooke Princess Bookie wrote: "me 2!! but thats gonna be hard since this one isnt even out yet. lol"

BAHA! I know *pouty face* It's the curse of the ARC i tell ya!