Amanda's Reviews > Madness

Madness by Kailee Reese Samuels

bookshelves: want-to-re-read, add-to-bookshelf

If this doesn’t remind you of Alice in Wonderland, then we need to chat! I recall watching that as a child, and being swept away in the “madness” till the end when I was just in awe of what I just watched. Madness by Kailee is no different, where it starts and where it ends will have you wondering if you went thisaway instead of thataway.

Ellison’s life looks perfect on the outside, till it’s not. The tragedies that follow her around have your jaw on the floor. A not-so-innocent white rabbit starts the tumble into the Darklands, and we are now primped to a level that would put the best drag queen to shame! Each twist, each tidbit of reality, each interaction has you gaping and waiting to see what will happen when the next Merryman arrives. I was racing through to find out what was, what would, and what did happen to Ellison Kingsley, as each time I thought I knew where it was going, instantly the path was swept away as if it wasn’t there and I was now on a new one.

This adult, dark take on a classic was thrilling, heartbreaking, and so tantalizing you will want to be sent back to the Darkland. I definitely need the rest of this series, I have got to know what happens next! To me, this was a perfect introduction to a new to me author, as well as a great addition to The Sinister Fairy Tale Collection.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Madness.

June 18, 2019 – Shelved