Amanda's Reviews > Mirage

Mirage by C.M. Radcliff

I'm going to be honest, this was more of a low end 4 star read for me. Now that being said, just cause it's not my jam doesn't mean it isn't for you. C.M. Radcliff is a new-to-me author, and did the modern, darker retelling of Aladdin.

The bones of the story are there, with a new dark theme running through it all. A fighter from the streets, Axel, doesn't look out for anyone but him and Rush... that is until Jasper comes along and offers him the opportunity of a lifetime. However this time he isn't doing it for himself. Jaslyn. Her body screams hot nights, while her eyes tell the story of the horror that is her every waking moment. The fight hasn't completely left her, so when Axel stokes the flame inside her, can she play the game to make sure they all make it out alive?

The overall story was there, and I loved it, but I did feel as if was rushed in some areas to come to a screeching halt in others. Like someone who rides their brakes while driving. I do also wish there was a little more to show how Axel and Jaslyn built their relationship. I also wasn't expecting the cliffhanger, but that means I will have to keep my eye out for the conclusion of the retelling.

Definitely an interesting addition to the Sinister Fairy Tale collection, and I look forward to seeing how it will all turn out for Axel and Jaslyn.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mirage.

June 18, 2019 – Shelved