Amanda's Reviews > Imprisoned

Imprisoned by K.L. Donn

bookshelves: add-to-bookshelf, want-to-re-read

The best part of collections like the Sinister Fairy Tales, I get the chance to read new to me authors that are writing some of my favorite stories... Fairy Tales. With Imprisoned, I got to see the story of a classic fairytale brought to life with a dark, modern twist while getting to see what K.L. Donn's got... and boy did she blow me away.

Imprisoned is based loosely on the tale of Sleeping Beauty, and I have to say, it might be one of the more enjoyable twists on this tale that I have read or seen. She smoothly connected her already created world with the Sinister Fairy Tales, and in doing so has made me want to hunt down her original series and start from the beginning cause there are characters that I want to know more about!!

As a reader, I am big on characters. How they speak, how they act, how they connect with other characters, cause truly when you are reading a story you are getting to be apart of THEIR lives, so when I can really become immersed following them, I don't care if the sky is purple (no such issue in this read) I want to KNOW WHAT HAPPENS! K.L. Donn didn't let me down. Arianna, Ares (Matthew), and Apollo (Asher) each pick up where the other leaves off. All of the characters build on each other, and I was so caught up in the intensity of the electricity between them that before I knew it, the book was over!

I will say, the guys names (between their codenames and given names) were a little hard at first, but not enough to take away from the pleasure of this dark read. It makes me look forward to the remaining books of this collection. If you've been following along with the collection, this is one you DON'T want to miss!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Imprisoned.

June 18, 2019 – Shelved