Amanda's Reviews > Sacrifice

Sacrifice by N. Isabelle Blanco

bookshelves: add-to-bookshelf, want-to-re-read

I do confess, this read took me longer than most do nowadays, and I think it has to do with how in depth and detailed this book is. The story of Hercules has been romanticized by Disney, and due to that a lot of the history behind his mythology is forgotten, sadly. So I would recommend that before starting this read, maybe brush up on your Hercules’ mythology, as to keep from becoming slightly confused as I was. That truly is the only reason I didn’t give it a 5 star review, otherwise it was an incredible read.

The dynamic between Megara and Herakles (Hercules) is a mix between intense desire and unbridled need. The modern day re-living of their story is one that will blow you away. I say re-living instead of retelling because they are re-doing all the trials but this time with modern technology assisting the bad guys. In this tales, not everything is what it seems, and those who we’ve always seen as the evil may show you some true colors.

I am definitely intrigued enough to find out more on this world that Isabelle has created. If you have been following along with the Sinister Fairy Tales, this is a perfect addition to this collection. Looking forward to what favorite fairytale of mine will be flipped on it’s head.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sacrifice.

June 18, 2019 – Shelved