Amanda's Reviews > Venom

Venom by Dee Garcia

bookshelves: add-to-bookshelf, want-to-re-read

OH EM GEE! So I am a sucker for fairytales, in any way I can get them. Then when they announced the Sinister Fairytales, you know I was ALLLLLL over that, and you guys... GUYS! Venom was THE BEST WAY TO START THIS COLLECTION! *Yes shouty caps are necessary. This twist on the Peter Pan/Tinkerbell/Captain Hook story is freakin’ amaze-balls. It’s just... UGH! Soooo good. Okay, I promise I’ll give legitimate reasons as to why I loved it so much, but I needed to get my book nerd freak out, out of the way. *deep breath in, out slowly*

I am going to do my best to write this up without spoilers, and since it’s stated in the synopsis I think it’s safe to say that this is Tink and Captain Hook’s story! Now the world that this story takes place is like taking the story you remember from the cartoon and adding so much more to it. A history, a way of life, and even more kinds of people. Think Paranormal meets Fantasy. Dee’s world building is incredible, I could almost feel myself within this land. The grass at my feet, the shade of the trees, etc. Now add in the obsession, compulsion, desire, need of these two characters... I’m shocked that the whole island didn’t go up in flames. These two battle wills while dealing with the secrets that have been bursting to break free from their places in the past. When they finally give in to these desires, it’s in such an elemental way, that you can feel the heat coming straight off the page! I wish Tink and Captain Hook’s story wasn’t over, cause I could totally dig more of their sexiness.

Forget what you think you know about this story, and immerse yourself completely in this retelling of a fairytale classic. You will be BEGGING for more!!! Can’t wait to see what next fairytale will be flipped on it’s end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Venom.

June 18, 2019 – Shelved