Becky Rendon's Reviews > Siren

Siren by Hazel Grace

Wow, oh wow!

Wow, oh wow!

Is it terrible that I think I love the Sinister Fairytales more than the Disney ones...
Oh well, looks like I grew up and got a whole lot darker!

Siren is my first Hazel Grace novel and I'm absolutely on board to read more. I lost my sh!t reading Siren. No way to sugar coat it, okay there is but I chose not to!

Siren is intense and so damn romantic that even hardened readers will shed tears. Don't shake your head at me! Hazel Grace makes you fall for the "evil" Viking one page at a time. You almost don't realize your allegiances have changed. Ut once they are tested it will take everything to keep from losing your mind.

Grace keeps us on our toes and has a dagger ready to stab us in the heart. The heartbreak in this book may be too much to recover from...but just keep reading! (You sang that like Dory didn't you!?!)

Hazel Grace stole my heart, gave me a prize worthy Viking, and then proceeded to get her revenge. I think she secretly enjoys knowing I was a puddle of despair. However, if you are a sleep deprived idiot like me a d manage to finish the book before your eyes seal themselves shut- you would avoid the vivid nightmares I had of all the worst parts. (Apparently, I'm a masochist. Though if you are unable to finish before falling asleep just know, it's a hell of a way to start your day!

I can't stop smiling. Also I may be glistening with the happy tears or the sad tears that are no happy. No matter because the tears give way to best ending ever! Don't just take my word for it though, read it! You won't regret it or the intense emotions that will over run your human heart.

Oh and that singing in the background...you may want to swim away, they are Sirens after all!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Siren.

June 18, 2019 – Shelved