Caidyn (SEMI-HIATUS; BW Reviews; he/him/his)'s Reviews > Solitaire

Solitaire by Alice Oseman

liked it
bookshelves: young-adult-fiction

I think I did myself a major disservice by reading Radio Silence first. This one was just... okay? It was, in essence, an ode to Tumblr. A huge ode to that website before it went to even more chaos and hell than it had been when I was a teen. The characters all felt like Tumblr characters and lacked the nuance that I was expecting. That really disappointed me, but I also know that she grew as an author thanks to Radio Silence. I'm 100% going to read her other books, but this book felt amateurish. I'm just glad that she grew as an author otherwise I wouldn't have liked her very much.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Solitaire.

June 18, 2019 – Started Reading
June 18, 2019 – Shelved
June 18, 2019 – Shelved as: young-adult-fiction
June 18, 2019 –
page 122
33.15% "I started this yesterday. Kinda meh so far. Not as good as Radio Silence at all."
June 18, 2019 –
page 368
100.0% "Finished this on my flight! RTC!"
June 18, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Ema (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ema Her fourth book has an ace aro main character and comes out in the UK next April. I'm so hoping she gets a US deal before then because I also thought RADIO SILENCE was perfect.

Caidyn (SEMI-HIATUS; BW Reviews; he/him/his) Yeah, I know! I saw that. Even if it doesn't get a US deal, I'll be ordering the book through Book Depository to get it ASAP!