Kristen Burns's Reviews > Spellbound

Spellbound by Allie Therin

4 Stars

Review:
*I received an ecopy of this book via NetGalley. This has not influenced my review.*

Gah, these characters and their romance were so CUTE! They made me smile so much. Can that just be my whole review? It's a really great summary of my thoughts.

Seriously though, I loved this. Rory was so naive in some ways but tough in others, and he was so feisty. He wasn't about to let Arthur walk all over him or Mrs. Brodigan. And Arthur was a lonely hottie with a big heart. He just wanted to help people and maybe find himself someone to love. And then they found each other, and there was all this fun banter and embarrassed flirting and sweet moments and hidden feelings and confusion over how the other one felt, and it was all so cute. When they finally got together, the feelings were pretty strong pretty fast, but they were so adorable that I didn't care. I just wanted them to be together and happy.

The non-romance plot was good too, albeit fairly simple (which is not a bad thing). There were supernatural powers (like Rory's psychometry---his ability to see an object's past by touching it---and Jade's telekinesis). There were relics with powerful abilities sealed inside them. There were the bad guys who wanted to obtain the relics, presumably to use them for nefarious purposes. And there were our good guys, trying to keep the relics out of their hands. The supernatural stuff was cool. Seems like there might be even more of that in the next book.

The Prohibition Era is one of my favorite settings, so I enjoyed that too, even if it was more of a backdrop than anything.

Overall, I really enjoyed reading this. It was cute and funny and put so many smiles on my face, and I needed that. These characters are sweethearts and their relationship is adorable, and I look forward to reading more about them!

Recommended For:
Anyone who likes adorable characters and relationships, supernatural powers, and the Prohibition Era.

Original Review @ Metaphors and Moonlight
---------------------

Initial Thoughts:
Gah, these characters and their romance were so CUTE! They made me smile so much. Either 4 or 4.5 stars. Full review soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spellbound.

June 17, 2019 – Shelved