M - The long hot spell's Reviews > The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome

The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome by Tony Attwood

bookshelves: psychology, aspergers-asd
Read 2 times. Last read December 1, 2018.

One can easily argue this book is not "complete" since we are learning more about autism every day. However this is still a great intro for those who have autism with an aspergers type presentation, or for those who know someone diagnosed with aspergers. Tony Attwood is a specialist who actually lives in Brisbane, not far from me. I haven't met him - I wish - I've got some questions for him :P

I like to mention another book in tandem with this one. Not that I believe you need to read both, but you may want to. The other book is NeuroTribes: The Legacy of Autism and the Future of Neurodiversity. The Author, Steve Silberman has written a huge history book about autism. I found it fascinating and I think, once again, for those who have autism (or love someone diagnosed), how great to read about your history.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome.

Quotes M Liked

Tony Attwood
“Being alone can be a very effective way of calming down and is also enjoyable, especially if engaged in a special interest, one of the greatest pleasures in life for someone with Asperger’s syndrome.”
Tony Attwood, The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome