megs_bookrack's Reviews > 10 Blind Dates

10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston

bookshelves: arcs-read, favorites

Alas, I have found a new favorite YA Contemporary!!

This is the most adorable, sweetest book about family that I have EVER read.

It's so true, guys! I loved this with my whole heart and soul.

Ashley Elston is a true blessing.

I am even having a hard time forming legitimate sentences right now.

This precious story follows Sophie, who on the eve of Christmas break, is looking forward to nothing more than spending some quality time with her boyfriend, Griffin.

Her parents are traveling to stay with her older sister, Margot, who is pregnant with her first child and having a complicated pregnancy.

The stated plan is that Sophie will be traveling to her Grandparent's house to stay with them, and her large extended family, for the entirety of the holiday.

Secretly, she hopes to sneak back home as much as she can to be with Griffin. Unfortunately, when she overhears Griffin tell one of his friends that he wants a break from Sophie, the only thing broken is her heart.

Later that same night, when her Grandmother, Nonna, finds Sophie crying, she hatches a scheme to get Sophie's mind of stupid-ole' Griffin.

Nonna's plan: have family members set poor Sophie up on 10 blind dates to keep her busy each night of her Christmas break.

I know this book sounds like the perfect plot for a romantic comedy and it definitely is. At the same time however, my biggest take away from this was the power of a supportive family.

At the heart of this, it is about ties that bind that go way deeper than any high school relationship ever could.

Sophie has a LARGE dramatic Sicilian family and I ABSOLUTELY stan the positive family dynamic.

There were Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Mom, Dad and her Sister involved. All rooting for Sophie's happiness and she was such a good sport about everything that was thrown at her.

The dates were all unique and a little wacky. I looked forward to reading each on as they unfolded.

It was such a fun and creative format. Elston's storytelling is just top-notch, there is no denying that.

Thank you so much to the publisher, Disney Book Group, for providing me with a copy to read and review. I loved this so, so much!

Ashley Elston is an auto-buy author for me and obviously that's not changing any time soon. I cannot wait to see what she comes up with next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 10 Blind Dates.

June 17, 2019 – Shelved
June 17, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
September 30, 2019 – Started Reading
October 1, 2019 –
16.0% "Awww. This is so sweet.
The perfect palate cleanser between SciFi September
and Spooktober!

"
October 1, 2019 –
26.0% "This second date is horrifyingly hilarious! OMG!!!"
October 3, 2019 –
44.0% "This book makes my heart so full...

"
October 6, 2019 –
49.0% "Awwww, the birth of this baby is making me so emotional! I am going to be s Great Aunt for the first time in March 2020 and any baby talk has me like 😭😭😭"
October 6, 2019 –
81.0% "Ugh, this book has everything!!!
The expression of cross-generational family love is overwhelming. I love this so f*ing much!!!
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭"
October 9, 2019 –
91.0% "WWWEEEESSSSSSSSS
fthfjetuhio6wdfhitogbb
Why!?"
October 9, 2019 – Shelved as: arcs-read
October 9, 2019 – Shelved as: favorites
October 9, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

message 1: by Tucker (new) - added it

Tucker YASS! I hope you love it! I just got my hardcover from Disney! It's sooo pretty!!

megs_bookrack Tucker wrote: "YASS! I hope you love it! I just got my hardcover from Disney! It's sooo pretty!!" I am loving it!! It is exactly the light hearted goodness I needed as I transition from Scifi September to Spooktober 😀😂😉

message 3: by Kayla (new)

Kayla So glad to know! I've been looking forward to this release! I'll add it to my December tbr

megs_bookrack Kayla wrote: "So glad to know! I've been looking forward to this release! I'll add it to my December tbr" It's so cute, Kayla! I hope you love it 🥰

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Sounds like an excellent grandma! Nice review megs.😊

megs_bookrack Barbara wrote: "Sounds like an excellent grandma! Nice review megs.😊" She was amazing. This book made my heart so happy!

message 7: by TMR (new) - added it

TMR Sounds brilliant. Thanks.

megs_bookrack The Masked Reader wrote: "Sounds brilliant. Thanks." It is really a lovely story! :)

Diana Graham So glad to see you review this. I had no idea it existed! I am now currently waiting for my hold to come in at the library. Also, double excited because of the "you might also like" section- I found about 5 more to get from the library!!

megs_bookrack Diana Graham wrote: "So glad to see you review this. I had no idea it existed! I am now currently waiting for my hold to come in at the library. Also, double excited because of the "you might also like" section- I foun..."Oh, yayee! Comments like this make me so happy, Diana, you have no idea. I hope you love the book!!! xo

message 11: by Kristy (new) - added it

Kristy This sounds wonderfully delicious - thanks for the review!

megs_bookrack Kristy wrote: "This sounds wonderfully delicious - thanks for the review!" Thank you for your comment, Kristy! I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. The perfect holiday read!