Charlene's Reviews > Gateway Crescent

Gateway Crescent by Brenda Margriet

This was definitely a completely different kind of romance...nothing conventional about this one and I loved it! The timeline in this book runs simultaneously with book 1, so we get glimpses of that story through a different perspective. They can definitely be read as standalones though.

Jo, the youngest of the Bendixon sisters, is trying to find her way in life, always feeling like she doesn’t live up to her sisters’ expectations. Luke is a music teacher and is seriously thinking about going into the priesthood, with a discernment weekend planned in his near future.

When the two of them end up working on a couple of projects together, the pull and attraction is front and centre. Considering Luke’s commitment to the church and his possible future, Jo is a huge temptation and a true test. Jo is uncomfortable with the deep belief he has in his faith, but supports his need to follow his vocation. She tries to put her feelings aside, knowing how different they are. Although not having the same religious values is a problem for both of them, staying away from each other doesn’t seem to be something they do well...it’s a disaster in the making! Not knowing if love could possibly triumph over what seemed like insurmountable circumstances, I couldn’t stop reading.

The characters is these first two books have been a real treat to get to know and I’m now eager to read Book 3!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gateway Crescent.

June 17, 2019 – Started Reading