Lynne weir's Reviews > Kisses from Hell

Kisses from Hell by Kristin Cast

Feb 29, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: books-i-got-from-library, short-stories, mixture-of-fantasy, teen-fantasy

Well it had good stories, not so good stories and stories that can only be described as confusing. So heres my thoughts on each story, I think its only fair rather than rate it altogether. So:

Book one: Sunshine Richelle Mead This story was good, I liked it but then anything I've read by Richelle Mead has been good and this is no exception. Once I figured out though that this was the story of how Lisa's parents got together I couldnt help but think He cheats on her in the VA books, shame on him while they are declaring their love to each other. Then again I guess thats what makes the characters real. You have everything you want and need and yet theres still tempation out there that can lead you to fall, then again the result of his temptation (view spoiler) leads to the day being saved in the last book. I guess all I can do is hope that in the end (view spoiler) that they still loved each other and were happy. So in all I give this story 4 stars. Short yet sweet.

Book 2: Bringing me to life Alyson Noel I confess I'm not a fan of her immortals series, the first two books had been good but its gradually got worse as the books went on. So I was expecting this story to be just as bad, surprisingly it wasn't. I actually really enjoyed it. It was different and fun and though slightly cheesy and part of the ending being slightly confusing I did like it. In total I'd give it 3 and a half stars.

Book 3: Above Kristin Cast Well I love the House of Night series so I was really looking forward to seeing Kistian Casts skills on a book she wrote by herself without her mum P.C Cast. The writting was really good and I got the general plot of the story which was very imaginative but (dont you just hate that word) it was confusing, I couldnt understant half of what was going on, had no idea whos head I was in half the time and the ending left me scratching my head and wondering what was happening. So it pains me to say that though wonderfully written, I just got completely lost and for that I shall have to do the unspeakable, give her 2 and a half stars.

Book 4: Hunting Kat Kelly Armstrong I've never read her work before though the name sounds familliar so I must have come across it which means I started this story on a blank ready to see just how talented this author is. I really liked the story, it was fast and interesting and obsorbing and I found myself so cought up in it that it was like hitting a stone wall whan I came across the last page and realised it was over for it could have eaily gone on and on with me following, cought up in the tale.I really enjoyed it and plan to check out her full length novels now for if a short story has got me this excited then just imagine what a full lengh novel will do if just as well written. We shall have to wait and see. 4 stars.

And finally BOOK 5: Lilith Francesca Lia Block Another author I've heard of before, but will be checking more of her work after reading this. It was unusual, thats one way to discribe it. My heart went out to the main charactor though I didnt know what to think of the girl who (not surprisingly) is called Lilith. I liked her and yet didnt like her. I liked her for taking an interest in the boy, for helping him and protecting him, I didnt like her though as (view spoiler) I ddnt know what to make of the ending, rather I should be happy for him or not. (view spoiler) So in total, 3 and a half stars.

So there you have it, 5 completely differnet book by authors you may know and may not know. I myself have become a fan of some new authors as well as leant a bit more on authors I already knew. I didnt think I'd like short stories as they never really give you time to get to know the charactors or to get into the story but after reading this I must say I will be reading short stories a lot more in the future and will be looking out for the other kisses from... as I found it very enjoyable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kisses from Hell.

February 29, 2012 – Shelved