Penny Ramirez's Reviews > Once Upon a Wedding: A Fiction From the Heart Second-Chances Anthology

Once Upon a Wedding by Jamie Beck

I'm going to have to make notes on each story as I go along, or I'll forget!

I Do, Again - Jamie Beck. Funny tale of a makeup artist who is suddenly part of a true bridezilla's wedding party when a bridesmaid falls ill (the pictures wouldn't be balanced! the horror!), only to discover that her ex-husband is also in the wedding. Heartwarming!

Weather or Knot - Tracy Brogan. I'm a weather geek, so this story was great fun for me! Small-town meteorologist is given a plum ride-along assignment with a team of storm chasers, only to discover her former fiancee runs the crew. Sweet and satisfying!

Runaway Bride - Sonali Dev. I've just recently finished Dev's _Pride, Prejudice, and Other Flavors_ and it was much fun to revisit the Raje family!

Starboard Vow - K.M. Jackson. Made me want to take a cruise, although perhaps not one as stressful as having an entire movie production crew on board!

A Wedding in Swan Harbor - Donna Kauffman. Very sweet tale of a recent widow falling for her late husband's best friend, on the occasion of her daughter's (and his goddaughter's) wedding. Had me tearing up!

Snowbound in Vegas - Sally Kilpatrick. Fun story of a couple tricked into a do-over of their disastrous first date by their best friends. I'll never look at an air hockey game quite the same....

Starstruck: Take Two - Falguni Kothari. Hmmmm....I might just want to get kidnapped to a desert oasis now. Not entirely sure about riding a camel there, though... Fun story about trust and family ties.

Always Yours - Priscilla Oliveras. What fun to read a story set in my hometown of Chicago! Loved the feel - reminded me so much of my husband's extended family. Nudged me to read Oliveras' other books, which are parked on my kindle.

Home Sweet Home - Hope Ramsay. Got a little teary reading this reunion. And now I'm hungry for empanadas!

Inseparable - Barbara Samuel. Oh, how I loved this story. Just enough steam to be satisfying, and I was sobbing though the last two chapters. I could really identify with this couple, who appear to be my age!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once Upon a Wedding.

June 17, 2019 – Started Reading