Jeffrey Debris's Reviews > Catfulness

Catfulness by Paolo Valentino

liked it
bookshelves: in-collection, philosophy, non-fiction, 2019

Catfulness is a nice little book that contains seven weeks of daily cat wisdom! The book is written as if it were actually written by a cat, so all of the entries in the book have a very distinct way of looking at things in a cattish kind of way. At the end of every week there's a couple of mindfulness exercises that you can try for yourself.

I really enjoyed reading this little book and it makes for a great gift to cat lovers. I decided to read one entry every day, so it took me the full seven weeks to finish. Every morning during breakfast I'd read the entry for that day.

Overall I'd say this book contains nice bite sized pieces of mindful wisdom. The illustrations are very nicely done too and really fit this little book. Don't expect any mind blowing new insights, however, if you're already into mindfulness. It probably won't show you the way to happiness, but it can help you to take things a whole lot easier and to avoid straining yourself. Cats are beautiful creatures and it's true we can learn a lot from their approach to life. That's probably why we have five cats ourselves. They take a lot of rest, but they can also be very playful. What this book is trying to say is that we should take a similar approach on our lives and not get caught up in so much bullshit. ;)

Happy reading!

-Jeffrey

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catfulness.

June 17, 2019 – Started Reading
July 8, 2019 –
page 50
July 28, 2019 –
page 85
88.54% "Only week 7 left ^_^"
August 4, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019