Karen's Reviews > Half the Sugar, All the Love: A Cookbook for Cutting Sugar: 100 Family-Friendly Recipes—from Breakfast to Dessert

Half the Sugar, All the Love by Jennifer Tyler Lee

bookshelves: arc, cooking, for-review, read-2019, read-june-2019

I really liked this book.

Most cookbooks that discuss reducing sugar really mean using *natural* sugars like honey, agave or alternative/artificial sugars instead. I just want to eat whole foods and not add any other sources and this was perfect for that.

Lee uses whole fruits like peaches and dates to sweeten instead of sugar explaining how fiber can help slow the absorption of sugar.

She also helps you to read labels for *added* sugars and make better choices a the supermarket. For example - buy plain almond milk rather than sweetened then add your own (food based) sweeteners later to reduce the overall sugar content. And has 7 Simple Tips for Reducing sugar to get you started.

All your meals are covered with recipes from breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and condiments, sauces and include nutritional comparisons with the original sugar added recipes and hers.

The only thing I wish was included is how much sugar there is in a recipe. While she shows how much you reduced - she doesn't say how much sugar there is in each recipe. Unless I am somehow missing something.

Most of the recipes are simple, with a few more complex (but still easy) and photographs.

*I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Half the Sugar, All the Love.

June 17, 2019 – Started Reading