Sarah Spelbring's Reviews > House Rules

House Rules by Jodi Picoult

Having never read Jodi Picoult, but having seen 'Mys Sister's Keeper' in theater as my only basis, and then informed that I need to read that book... I read this book. It was going around my work place and offered to me to read.

My co-worker that started this book through the work place reads quite a bit of Jodi Picoult and the co-worker I got the book from afterwards does too, and told me that Picoult writes about controversial topics, and from watching the movie and reading this book I have to agree.

It's not the center of the plot, but whether or not to vaccinate your child does come in discussion. I also like how the book is written from each person's point of view and changes throughout the story. Jacob has Aperger's and really loves criminal forensics, this of course gets him into trouble, leading to a court trial, and lots of information on how Jacob's diagnosis is important to the case.

I was mad at the ending(?), because it ended, but it wasn't really an ending. But, having said that, books that elicit strong emotions from me, are often the best kinds of books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read House Rules.

June 17, 2019 – Started Reading