Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads's Reviews > 'MANIK

'MANIK by Amo Jones

Love this author!

My introduction to this author was her amazing Elite Kings series, so I got a bit spoiled by that. I still really enjoyed this book. It was really good for a standalone. I've said it before, and I'll say it again- I have been spoiled by series. They allow so much space for character and story development that standalones pale in comparison. Standalones are forced to develop faster, and it can come off a bit like insta-love.
I loved this story, and these characters, and I only wish it had been a bit longer so the relationship/feelings between Beatrice and Aeron/Manik could have developed slower. It felt a bit quick to me.
I thoroughly enjoyed the darkness of this book, particularly that of pretty much all of the characters with the exception of Beatrice. I liked that the author made Aeron/Manik conflicted about having feelings after being trained not to for his entire life. I loved the back stories of the characters, and the mystery throughout the book of how they intersected. I was on the edge of my seat trying to figure out what the secrets were- why was he supposed to keep her alive? Why was he supposed to stay away from her? Why was he supposed to get her back? Why was he supposed to prevent her from leaving? Who is she, really? Why does she matter?
I had to know!!
I love the gritty darkness of this author's books, and I am so excited to dive into the rest of them!

Find me at:
Facebook: https://fb.me/amandamariereads
Blog: http://amandamariereads.blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 'MANIK.

June 16, 2019 – Shelved