Shayay's Reviews > Dangerous Passions

Dangerous Passions by Leigh  Anderson

As soon as I read the premise about a man in the heroine's dreams, I was there! Love that premise! Really enjoyed the atmosphere of the book. There's a bit of a mysterious vibe to it, and you just know something is off. This is set in a time when women are expected to marry or be destitute, which isn't my favorite time period so I tend not to read historical, but I really enjoyed this one. I listened to the story on Audible, and the narrator did a good job. She expressed the emotion well, and did a good job portraying Isoline's naivete. Isoline chooses to not marry, so she is forced to move in with her hermit of an aunt into a large manor. I love creepy houses! There is something up with her aunt that she can't quite put her finger on. I was okay with some of Isoline's naivete, but after awhile, it became too much. She is horrible at reading anybody and is way too trusting. This may be a little spoilerish, but it'll be pretty vague. I also couldn't stand that a love interest said he loved her because she looked like his ex and she though nothing of that. That just doesn't work for me, so I found that situation lacking a lot and it's the main reason I took a star off. I almost wanted to do 2 stars off for how gullible Isoline is, but I just did 1 because that's her character; too goody goody. Overall, Dangerous Passions is entertaining and totally interesting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dangerous Passions.

June 16, 2019 – Started Reading