Elle's Book Blog's Reviews > Teardrop Shot

bookshelves: arc-2019, published-2019, romance

Release Date: June 24, 2019
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Actual Rating: 4 stars

Tijan writes a great sports romance with Teardrop Shot. And while the book does involve sports (basketball specifically) the story is so much more than that. Tijan writes and emotionally layered story with quirky characters who embrace their flaws. Charlie, the heroine of the story, is truly one of a kind. I can't remember ever reading about a character quite like her. So to say that in itself made me love her is an understatement. I felt connected to her in a way I didn't think possible.

Reese, the hero and uber famous sports star is Charlie's dream man. I mean, she has loved him from afar for so long that it's nearly unbelievable that he too would have feelings for her. Opposites certainly attract between these two! Don't let that fool you though. Both characters have some demons to overcome and it's not an easy road for either of them. But Tijan writes it in an intense and unputdownable way. I flipped the pages like crazy!

Overall, I really enjoyed this one. There were a few moments that I felt like it slowed a bit for me but that didn't take away from my enjoyment of the story. I had a few problems with the relationship between Charlie and Reese in the beginning, but those soon waned as their chemistry intensified. Therefore, this book gets a solid 4/5 stars from me! I can't wait to read more books by the author!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Teardrop Shot.

June 16, 2019 – Started Reading
June 16, 2019 – Shelved
June 22, 2019 – Shelved as: arc-2019
June 22, 2019 – Shelved as: published-2019
June 22, 2019 – Shelved as: romance
June 22, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Terrific review, Elle! Glad it was an enjoyable read! ❤︎ xox

Elle's Book Blog Thanks, love! xo