Malia's Reviews > The Sun Does Shine: How I Found Life and Freedom on Death Row

The Sun Does Shine by Anthony Ray Hinton

bookshelves: non-fiction

This book tells quite a story! Anthony Ray Hinton chronicles his experience spending nearly thirty years wrongfully convicted on Death Row. It's a shocking story of resilience and injustice, though never without hope. I am not sure how someone could get through something like that and seem like such a positive person, not allowing himself to be weighed down by (rightful) resentment or anger. I'm sure The Sun Does Shine will stay with me for some time to come. It's a break from what I usually read and though it wasn't easy, I'm glad I did! Recommended!

Find more reviews and bookish fun at http://www.princessandpen.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sun Does Shine.

June 16, 2019 – Shelved
June 16, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
July 4, 2019 – Started Reading
July 8, 2019 – Shelved as: non-fiction
July 8, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Libby I enjoyed this account by Hinton as well and like you, I found his optimism very inspirational. Great review Malia!

Malia Libby wrote: "I enjoyed this account by Hinton as well and like you, I found his optimism very inspirational. Great review Malia!"

Thank you, Libby! I'm glad you felt the same!

message 3: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie This case is incredible. Excellent review!!💖

Malia Julie wrote: "This case is incredible. Excellent review!!💖"

Thank you, Julie! It's truly an unbelievable story!

message 5: by KAS (new)

KAS Terrific review, Malia!! Mr. Hinton sounds like quite a person to have endure so much. ❤️

Malia KAS wrote: "Terrific review, Malia!! Mr. Hinton sounds like quite a person to have endure so much. ❤️"

Thank you, Kas! Yes, it's truly shocking!

message 7: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Great review!!!

Malia Deanna wrote: "Great review!!!"

Thank you, Deanna!!