Rachel Reads Ravenously's Reviews > Storm and Fury

Storm and Fury by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Well ladies and gents, this was a book I ran to the bookstore on my lunch break on release day to purchase. Basically, one of my most anticipated books of 2019. And while I enjoyed it, it did not live up to my expectations.

Zayne was the character I was rooting for in The Dark Elements series, and when he not only lost the girl but became a completely different character, I was very mad at JLA for that because I felt he deserved more. Flash forward to now.... and I didn't really get the "more Zayne" I was hoping for. I like the concept of these books, but the execution fell very flat for me.

I wish JLA had been more to the point with this book, because it felt like 400 pages of exposition and explanations, and 100 pages of actual plot. I am hoping because this is the set up of a new series (even if it is a spin off) the next book will be less describy and more happeningy.

My favorite part about the book was Trinity, she was an excellent female lead. I loved that JLA wrote parts of her life experiences into this character and I think it made Trinity all the more developed and genuine for it. Loved seeing some characters again, and I can honestly say I want to know where this series is going to go and will be reading the next book for sure. I'm not sure I'll be running to the bookstore on my lunch break on release day like I did for this book.

Follow me on ♥ FacebookBlogInstagramTwitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storm and Fury.

Started Reading
June 15, 2019 – Shelved as: ya-fantasy
June 15, 2019 – Shelved as: witches
June 15, 2019 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy
June 15, 2019 – Shelved as: paranormal-romance

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog Aww, sorry this wasn't a winner for you Rachel!
Sounds like a super slow read!
Hope your next book is much better. :)
xoxo💖

Rachel Reads Ravenously Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog wrote: "Aww, sorry this wasn't a winner for you Rachel!
Sounds like a super slow read!
Hope your next book is much better. :)
xoxo💖"