Melissa H's Reviews > Teardrop Shot

Teardrop Shot by Tijan

bookshelves: standalone, sports-romance, new-adult, romance

*I received this ARC for an honest review*

I have loved almost every book by Tijan that I have picked up. This author is one of my favorites in the New Adult Romance genre. And this one was a no surprise 5 star read for me!

When I saw that Tijan was releasing a Standalone Sports Romance I knew I was going to need to immediately pick it up.

I didn’t know too much going in other than:
“I'm adorably psychotic. He's in the NBA.
This is not a disaster waiting to happen, at all.”

How could I not immediately pick it up as soon as I received it on my Kindle? And I read it all in one sitting! I was hooked.

Charlie is a quirky main character that we are first introduced to while she is being dumped by her ex-boyfriend’s grandfather and being propositioned to all at the same time. Oh yeah and did I mention that she just got fired from her job as well? Yeah sounds like a great day. So, when one of her old friends reaches out to her to have a few drinks she ends up saying yes to going back and working at her old job at a sports camp for 3 weeks.

Charlie’s questions during uncomfortable situations made me immediately love her as a character and I was rooting for her from the very beginning. At the start of the book you already know that she has some growing up to do and I loved seeing her character develop.

Reese Forster is the starting point guard for the Seattle Thunder. He sounds soooo amazing and literally from the first moment I was introduced to him I was in love! Not only is he great book boyfriend material but he has some baggage of his own to deal with.

This is a friends to lovers, sports romance that had more depth to it than I was expecting. Just know that I was literally bawling my eyes out several times through this book. So, I warn you, you will get all types of feels with this novel. I do wish I had known that going in I would need a box of tissues, but that didn’t detract from my enjoyment of the book.

I felt that the emotions and actions Charlie went through and felt were all justified for the things going on in her life. I did at one point want to knock her upside the head to ask her WHAT WAS SHE THINKING?! Because hello… Reese Forster. Enough said.

Overall, I loved this story and the characters. Both Reese and Charlie had a plethora of issues and Tijan gave them plenty of time to work through them and grow. I personally like a romance that handles tough subject matters such as the one presented in this novel. This book really made an impact on me and will be one that I won’t forget.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Teardrop Shot.

June 14, 2019 – Shelved
June 15, 2019 – Started Reading
June 15, 2019 – Finished Reading
June 16, 2019 – Shelved as: standalone
June 16, 2019 – Shelved as: sports-romance
June 16, 2019 – Shelved as: new-adult
June 17, 2019 – Shelved as: romance

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by KAS (new)

KAS Glad this author pleased once again, Melissa ;) Fabulous review!! 😘❤️

Melissa H KAS wrote: "Glad this author pleased once again, Melissa ;) Fabulous review!! 😘❤️"

Thank you so much! Definitely an author I will read any book she writes 😊