Rachel's Reviews > Whatever Happens

Whatever Happens by Micalea Smeltzer

Whatever Happens, is about two young adults, Violet and Finn. Violet and her parents have just moved states, perhaps in a way to stop the pain of Violet’s younger autistic sister committing suicide months before.
Finn is autistic, he is awkward, he doesn’t talk to many people, he barely looks in people eyes, he has a service dog. He is secluded at school, he is classed as a freak. But not in Violet’s eyes. She sees him as he is and when he starts to trust her he lets her into his world.
This book is a fantastic read, Micalea Smeltzer must have done quite a bit of research or knows autistic people as this book was spot on in the mannerisms, quirks etc. It broke my heart and rebuilt it again, it was so emotional, happiness when Finn managed to do things that he would never normally do, and sadness, I was angry at how others perceived Finn and how they treated him, like he was less of a person.
The second book I have read from Micalea Smeltzer and I would say she is now one of my favourite authors.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whatever Happens.

June 14, 2019 – Shelved