Kari Davis's Reviews > Crew Princess

Crew Princess by Tijan

bookshelves: 4-stars, arc-netgalley, bad-boy, cliffhanger, favorite-author, high-school, sad, series, suspense, sweet

So when you get an ARC of your favorite author you drop everything and savor every page. I did that, and really enjoyed this. So many things about this book, but my lips are sealed. It’s action packed filled with some bombshell surprises that are going to shock you. In order to really understand Crew Princess, you must read Crew first.

Bren Monroe is the Crew Princess. She has her crew, Wolf Crew which is Cross, Jordan and Zellman. However, Bren is also Channing’s little sister. If you have read FC series, you know who he is. But if not, he is The Godfather to the Crew system that start in Roussou. So basically this is all Bren has known in her life. Bren and the rest of the guys have a bond that no one can come between, a family. Crew before anything, however it’s their senior year and life after school might just change everything for them.

Without going into too much because it is a story that needs to be read and I don’t want to give spoilers. I will say each member has some major ups and downs. Bren is experiencing some feelings that are unsettling to her and she isn’t the type of girl too share those. The whole book we get too see Bren’s growth and another side of her that no one sees except for Cross. Cross has just had his life change in a big way and a lot of stuff is going to unfold with him. Jordan and Zellman are off doing their own things a lot in this book, but we still get the togetherness of them all as a family.

I loved the interactions between them all. I loved the bombshells that were dropped and I loved the growth of the characters. Yes, a lot happens in the story, but it’s worth the confusion at times as you try to solve what you think is going on.
Cross and Bren, sigh...these two connect on a deeper level. They are like drugs to one another. They can read each other and feel the emotions the other feels without saying a word. Beautiful!

Of course we get too see my all time favorites in this story and hopefully we get more of them. It’s a FC reunion of sorts with some stolen moments. Loved it!

Book three can’t get here soon enough. I need to know how everything comes into play. How the characters go from being high schoolers to adults and how it affects their relationships. So many ways Tijan can take this.

I adore Tijan and her writing. She weaves stories that have so many elements that feel real. She’s brought these fictional characters to life and I’ve submerged myself in them. FC is my all time favorite series and this is becoming another one. Great stories, great characters and a theme about family, definitely a read worth checking out.

ARC received for honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crew Princess.

May 16, 2019 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
May 16, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
June 13, 2019 – Shelved