Jeeves Reads Romance's Reviews > Courting Kate

Courting Kate by Tori Kron

An adorable story about a so-called “plain” woman finding love with a sexy pro basketball player, Courting Kate is a sweet and clean romance featuring two likeable lead characters. The story follows Miller, a guy who has earned a rep as a bad boy after a series of unfortunate events. He’s been sentenced to community service, and begins serving his hours at the non-profit Kate works for. Kate has been roped into helping make sure Miller stays on track by her friend Stella, who Miller has a bit of history with. As Miller tries to prove to Stella that he’s worth dating, he winds up courting Kate instead.

I will admit, I didn’t love the fact that Kate sort of inadvertently steals Miller out from under Stella (and I don’t think the book spends enough time dealing with that conflict), but it’s clear that Miller and Kate have more chemistry than Miller does with Stella. It’s also never revealed just how deep Miller’s relationship with Stella got, and I would’ve loved to know what exactly we were dealing with. It took a little while for the book to grow on me because of the author’s writing style - sometimes the way things were described was just odd (rectangle face, skinny eyes, creamy hands) and it was enough to take me out of the story. That being said, once I got into the book I really enjoyed it. I think the author has plenty of potential, but some fine tuning with the writing and a few plot elements might be beneficial. Overall, it’s a truly cute and romantic book that’s definitely worth a read.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Courting Kate.

Started Reading