Seraphia's Reviews > The Demon Kiss

The Demon Kiss by Juliana Haygert

F 50x66
The Demons Kiss by Juliana Haygert is the first book in her new academy series – Rite World: Blackthorn Hunters Academy. Prepare for lots of demons, intense moments, and lots of surprises! Erin is just a normal girl, or is she? Her life has mostly been moving about with her aunt from place to place, never making any friends or getting close to anyone because soon enough they would just pick up and move again. But things change when she hears a group of teens cajoling each other about a haunted house. One of the rich kids tries to bribe his friends to go, but too many people have gone missing there and they are reluctant. Erin wants a better life, and well that money would be a boon if nothing else, so she steps up and offers to take on the bet herself. Things take a dark turn, she finds her life in danger, and all too quickly Erin finds her life-changing at a rocket pace.
The Demons Kiss is an engaging story from beginning to end. Erin is an interesting character and I have to say that I’m pleased that she isn’t one of those characters who are given to undue amounts of hysterics when faced with certain situations. Now, if you are wondering if this series ties to other books by this author…the answer is yes! I love it! Are there direct crossovers or appearances of familiar characters? No, but there is a reflection of information that is noted in the other books. The twists and surprises that the author packs into this book are well done and keep me page-turning non-stop. Just when you think that another surprise can’t possibly pop up the author throws another one.
There honestly isn’t anything that I don’t like about this book. The characters are well done, the author gives a nice neat little cliffhanger at the end of the story and answers some burning questions that crop up here and there in the storyline.
I am rating this book 5 out of 5 stars. I’m eager for the next book in this series to see what happens next. These characters have a lot going on and quite a bit against them and I can’t wait to see how they not only handle but surmount the obstacles that threaten to stand in their way. If you are a fan of this author then I encourage you to pick this book up.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Demon Kiss.

June 13, 2019 – Started Reading