Melanie's Reviews > Fix Her Up

Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey

bookshelves: adult, contemporary, erotic-scenes, read-in-2019, romance, audible, buddy-reads, favorites, paloma
Recommended to Melanie by: Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)

“Dammit, Georgie. You had to be exactly what I need, didn’t you?”

Best romance of 2019? Probably. Holy shit, friends, Fix Her Up blew me and every expectation I had out of the water. I will say, don’t let the *cute* cover fool you, this book has many explicit sex scenes, but it was some of the best sex, and best dirty talk, I’ve ever read in my entire life. BRB, buying everything Tessa Bailey has ever written.

But this is a story about two people who grew up in the same small town together. But when one comes back five years later, they both realize that maybe they can build a happier future with help from the other one.

Georgette Castle - 23, An actual clown for children’s birthday parties, and the baby of her family, and they always let her know it by never taking her seriously, no matter what she does.

Travis Ford - 28, Newly retired professional baseball player, because of an injury. But now he is very much struggling to be more than just a baseball player, especially after moving back to his hometown.

Both Georgie and Travis want to be taken more seriously, and they want to be more than the expectations that are already placed upon them. So they strike up a friendship agreement, that starts off with a few meals, some cleaning, and a fireplace, but eventually becomes a full on fake-dating element so they can change what people think of them. Travis wants desperately to look more wholesome to the press so that he can get a job he wants, and Georgie wants people to see her as more than a innocent comic-relief.

And obviously sex has to be completely off-limits, especially since Georgie is a virgin. Which is something that they both start to find difficult, yet Travis starts to realize that he might not want to be a steppingstone for Georgie. Meanwhile, Georgie knows that she wants things in life that Travis doesn’t want to give her. And, Lord, the angst is real, but it’s perfect, and I was living my best life watching these two also figure out how to deal with their attraction.

Also, another reason this book means a lot to me is because of the story as to why I picked it up. Basically, me and three of my best friends have a group chat that we constantly talk in throughout the day, and Chelsea set that group chat on fire describing the first sexual encounter in this book. So immediately, me, and Jane, and Madalyn all went and bought the audiobook. And we all listened together, updating swooning constantly, at our very different workplaces, and I will remember and cherish that experience forever. Fuck, my friends are the best, truly.

Overall, this book was just perfect in my eyes, and I completely expect it to make my best of 2019 list come December. The dirty talk was 11/10, the actual sex scenes were 11/10, and this was maybe the best fake dating setting I’ve ever read in my life. I am now obsessed with Tessa Bailey, and I feel so blessed that I am able to read her entire backlist now.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch

Content and trigger warnings for abandonment and an emotionally abusive parent.

Buddy read with Chelsea, Jane, & Madalyn! ❤

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fix Her Up.

June 13, 2019 – Started Reading
June 13, 2019 – Shelved as: buddy-reads
June 13, 2019 – Finished Reading
June 19, 2019 – Shelved as: favorites
June 25, 2019 – Shelved as: paloma

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)

Kimberlee Tessa Bailey is the queen of dirty talk. She is sooooo good.

message 2: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily HOT AND HAMMERED 😭😭😭

message 3: by Ramona (new) - added it

Ramona Mead Great review! I want to read this right now, lol

Melanie Belson (booklovewithmelanie) Excuse me while I go purchase my first audiobook....

message 5: by Sydney (new) - added it

Sydney Richardson I need this in my hands now!!

Alex I just added this to my audiobook list on Scribd! I'm always in the mood for a good rom-com type book

message 7: by Tyrinne (new)

Tyrinne Lewis You’ve pushed this to the top of my list now!

Breanna Yess I was really looking forward to this and now you have me even more excited!!

message 9: by Autumn Byrd (new) - added it

Autumn Byrd Oh my goodness, you slay me Melanie! Y'all are just going to have me reading ALL of the romance and smutty books this summer! Probably starting with this one!

message 10: by Aoife (last edited Jun 14, 2019 06:43AM) (new)

Aoife Autumn Byrd wrote: "Oh my goodness, you slay me Melanie! Y'all are just going to have me reading ALL of the romance and smutty books this summer! Probably starting with this one!"

100% this
I have typically shied away from romances for the last number of years (as i'm a bitter shrew) but between Mel, Chelsea D & Chelsea H I may have snapped up the first thornchapel book yesterday

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ Glad you loved, Melanie <3 This sounds really good and I've had my eye on it for a while - this just makes me want to read it more x

Melanie Kimberlee wrote: "Tessa Bailey is the queen of dirty talk. She is sooooo good."

I still am not over how perfect it was.... ahhh! 💖xx

Melanie Emily wrote: "HOT AND HAMMERED 😭😭😭"

E M I L Y !
(Seriously, this was so sexy, holy shit, read it!) 💖xx

Melanie Ramona wrote: "Great review! I want to read this right now, lol"

You are in FOR A TREAT, love! 💖xx

Melanie Melanie wrote: "Excuse me while I go purchase my first audiobook...."

I see that five stars.... I'm quaking.... 💖xx

Melanie Sydney wrote: "I need this in my hands now!!"

Yes you do, beautiful! 💖xx

Melanie Alex wrote: "I just added this to my audiobook list on Scribd! I'm always in the mood for a good rom-com type book"

You are in for a treat, bb! Ahhh! Happy reading! 💖xx

Melanie Tyrinne wrote: "You’ve pushed this to the top of my list now!"

The blessings, sweetheart! 💖xx

Melanie Breanna wrote: "Yess I was really looking forward to this and now you have me even more excited!!"

It is so naughty.... and so good! Happy reading! 💖xx

Melanie Autumn Byrd wrote: "Oh my goodness, you slay me Melanie! Y'all are just going to have me reading ALL of the romance and smutty books this summer! Probably starting with this one!"

IT is what we deserve, baby! Also... happy reading... I REALLY think you'll like this one! 💖xx

Jessica Peace Reading this ASAP now!

Melanie Aoife wrote: "Autumn Byrd wrote: "Oh my goodness, you slay me Melanie! Y'all are just going to have me reading ALL of the romance and smutty books this summer! Probably starting with this one!"

100% this
I have..."

My damn heart, Aoife! You are in for a TREAT! And thank you for being such a blessing to me and my friends! I hope you have the happiest of reading! 💖xx

Melanie Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ wrote: "Glad you loved, Melanie <3 This sounds really good and I've had my eye on it for a while - this just makes me want to read it more x"

It is so dang naughty, and I can't wait to see what you think of this one, bb! Happy reading, love! 💖xx

message 24: by Shannon (new)

Shannon I am SOOOO excited to read this. So far, everyone I've seen has been singing its praises. *_*

Ⓐℋ-ℳℰⒾ ♔♚♛Queen Of The Fat Cats♛♚♔ AMYzing review, Melanie, xoxoxo

Iliana Matute Omg now I'll have to get it 🙊

Migsmats If you’re looking for a similar (but better) read, go for The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez. It is the best romance of the year!

Jane (It'sJaneLindsey) Best buddy read of life 💖😈💦

Lacey Oh my gosh! I picked up the audiobook yesterday. Thank you for the recommendation 💓💓💓💓

Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐ Omg well this review certainly cemented the fact that I need this in my life IMMEDIATELY

Jasmine BABY GIRRRRRRRRL

Brittany (Brittanyinthebookcloset) I'm on the last half hour of this book and I'm a mess. I took this book in as a recommendation from Chelsea!

Melanie Shannon wrote: "I am SOOOO excited to read this. So far, everyone I've seen has been singing its praises. *_*"

I hope you love this one, sweetheart! 💖xx

Melanie AMY ♔pronounced Ah-Mei♔♚♛Queen Of The Fat Cats♛♚ wrote: "AMYzing review, Melanie, xoxoxo"

Thank you, bb! ily! 💖xx

Melanie Iliana wrote: "Omg now I'll have to get it 🙊"

Yesssss, love! 💖xx

Melanie Migsmats wrote: "If you’re looking for a similar (but better) read, go for The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez. It is the best romance of the year!"

I'm reading it currently, ironically enough! 💖

Melanie Jane (It'sJaneLindsey) wrote: "Best buddy read of life 💖😈💦"

Facts one, beautiful! I love you! 💖xx

Melanie Lacey wrote: "Oh my gosh! I picked up the audiobook yesterday. Thank you for the recommendation 💓💓💓💓"

My heart, Lacey! I love you! 💖xx

Melanie Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐ wrote: "Omg well this review certainly cemented the fact that I need this in my life IMMEDIATELY"

Happy reading, beautiful! Ahhhh! 💖xx

Melanie Jasmine wrote: "BABY GIRRRRRRRRL"

BABY GIRRRRL, i love you! 💖xx

Melanie Brittany wrote: "I'm on the last half hour of this book and I'm a mess. I took this book in as a recommendation from Chelsea!"

I see that five stars and... my heart! 💖xx

Jasmine Melanie wrote: "Jasmine wrote: "BABY GIRRRRRRRRL"

BABY GIRRRRL, i love you! 💖xx"

STAHHHHHP I LOVE YOU MORE

¥ Eliza ¥ hello

message 45: by Dita (new)

Dita This sounds sweet, hot and intriguing!

message 46: by Bookswithshelbs (new)

Bookswithshelbs Just ordered it! Hopefully this will be the book to get me out of this horrible slump😭

Melanie ~Elizabeth Perlacia~ wrote: "hello"

Hello! 💛xx

Melanie Dita wrote: "This sounds sweet, hot and intriguing!"

It really, really, really is, love! 💛xx

Melanie Bookswithshelbs wrote: "Just ordered it! Hopefully this will be the book to get me out of this horrible slump😭"

I think this is the perfect fix for a book slump, babes! Ahhhh! Happy reading, and sending you love! 💛xx

message 50: by abire arjani (new)

abire arjani c'est très bon

« previous 1