Ross's Reviews > The Doctrine of Fascism

The Doctrine of Fascism by Benito Mussolini

Fascism is the boogeyman of the 21st century Western world. Something that since we are able to read, we are taught is a great evil in our world; yet the vast majority of people don't even know what Fascism is let alone it's basic concepts.

Reading through I think about the parallels (or lack thereof) to the world we live in today and how it casts a light on what our future holds should we continue down the path of the "well-being-happiness" lifestyle where we become lambs to the slaughter of higher powers and corporations. Fascism is the concept of strength in unity and loving your neighbor (opposed by today's "me" philosophy). A concept of being unbreakable as a group against any antagonist. Fascism flys in the face of today's nihilistic tendencies especially among younger adults and introduces the idea of constant struggle to perform at your best. This is a somewhat Nietzschen perspective of meaning in life coming from struggle and accomplishment, a very powerful idea. Many of Mussolini and Gentile's detractors were Communists and members of the Mafia; no surprise they would oppose such a philosophy.

I wasn't surprised by most of what was in this, but it shows a positive attitude in life that we as a society have lost grasp of. We now live in a world with news of drug epidemics, the new Nike's you should buy, and propaganda promoting wars for people that don't have your best interest at heart. I see Fascism as a positive mindset.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Doctrine of Fascism.

June 12, 2019 – Started Reading