Marsha Spohn's Reviews > How to Best a Marquess

How to Best a Marquess by Tina Gabrielle

bookshelves: historical-romance, keeper-bookshelf, keeper-bookshelf-2019, regency-romance, series

Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Once upon a time Ellie and Hugh were in love. Until he made the choice to “do the right thing” for her future and leave her by staging a very public humiliation. Doesn’t matter that he loved her deeply and only wanted what was best for her, he took that choice away from Ellie by making the decision himself. Now, years later, circumstances have changed – well, some things have Hugh is now in a place of power and he wants the Raven. Ellie now hates every man around her, with the exception of her brother perhaps. She refuses to marry, has her own hidden agenda as she secretly saves lives and Ellie wants the Raven. Unfortunately, her brother has decided to have a competition between the two people who want the club the most. Now, Hugh and Ellie have to work side by side while still proving that each is the better prospect as the new owner of the club. You can feel the sparks in the air and someone is going to get burned.

Immovable object? Meet Unstoppable Force. Otherwise known as Hugh and Ellie. I enjoyed HOW TO BEST A MARQUESS, I did but Hugh with his need to always be in control and take every decision away from Ellie – and Ellie’s stubbornness at times amused me, at other times frustrated me beyond words. Watching them deal with the chemistry and attraction that still exists between them, and seeing how right they could be for each other if each would only bend, just a bit was quite the journey. How they finally arrived at their happy ending was a delight, but oh the trip to get to that point was often filled with tensions, emotions, stubbornness, and a love that simply would not die. I would not hesitate to recommend their story but fasten your seatbelt, it’s going to be a rocky ride.

*I received an e-ARC of this novel from the publisher via NetGalley. That does not change what I think of this story. It is my choice to leave a review giving my personal opinion about this book.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Best a Marquess.

Started Reading