Jessica Scranton's Reviews > The Rainbow Hand

The Rainbow Hand by Janet S. Wong

7519749
Feb 28, 2012

bookshelves: eced221

The Rainbow Hand by Janet S. Wong is a book of eighteen poems that talk about the relationship between a mother and child. Some of the poems are told from the mother’s point of view and others through the point of view of the child. The poems were written about a young woman’s relationship with her mother and all the things she remembers about her mother and also the things her mother used to do for her. I really enjoyed reading this book and it made me think about the relationship I have with my mother, and also the relationship I hope to someday have with my children. My mother and I have a special bond, I consider her as one of my best friends and while reading these poems I was able to reflect on that in a positive way. The poems in the book were not all exactly the same; they followed the criteria but some more than others when it comes to rhyming. The book was not very long but was still very easy to read. I think what made it easiest to read is that everyone can relate to it. Every person has a relationship with their mother whether it is good or bad. This book is a good way to reflect that relationship and I believe it can be used in the classroom in that way also. It made me appreciate my mom more and all the things she used to do for me. I think this would be good for children because it’s hard at that age to realize how important your mother is.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rainbow Hand.

10/07/2016 marked as: read