Wendy's Reviews > A Gift of Jacinth

A Gift of Jacinth by Allie McCormack

20017881

bookshelves: paranormal

When I saw the cover of A Gift of Jacinth, I knew this would be a sequel to Wishes in a Bottle. In that book, I had already met Jacinth, the djinn who was looking after Julian, when he was trapped in his bottle. And she was hilarious, so I was very happy to see she got her own story.
The story starts with Douglas, who is desperate. His ex has abducted his children and he longs to have them back. Already two years he has been searching for them. When he stumbles upon an old teapot, he decides to buy it for a strange reason. But when a genie comes out of the teapot, he brings the teapot back to the store, where he bought the thing: Julian's store.
But the teapot keeps on coming back to him and I couldn't stop laughing about Jacinth's tactics. When Douglas has finally realized, he will not get rid of the teapot, he asks Jacinth whether he could wish for his children to return. And Jacinth fullfils his wish. With suddenly two children on his hands and no nanny, he asks Jacinth to stay and help him take care of the children.
Jacinth happily obliges, because she adores the children and also their father. But she knows she can't stay. Experiences from her (long lived) past are keeping her from attaching to someone. But Douglas makes it hard to resist. Can Jacinth free herself and create a happy ever after? Or will she go back into her teapot? Find out for yourself in this wonderful cozy read. Four out of five stars from me and a special thank you to Netgalley for providing the arc.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Gift of Jacinth.

June 12, 2019 – Started Reading