Denise ☾ Chatterbooks Book Blog ☾'s Reviews > Void

Void by Raven Kennedy

✨ DREAMY’S REVIEW ✨

“I understand that being trapped in something that didn’t feel like yourself.”

Void is my first book by both of these authors and to say that I was blown away would be an understatement! I absolutely loved, adored, and devoured this book! 😍 I’m hooked, absolutely hooked! From now on, when I see that this duo has a book coming, I’m automatically getting it! And I’m definitely going to read their backlist because I’m obsessed!

This story right here was HOTHOTHOT with the most intriguing characters, fantastic plot, and amazing world building, with tons of depth and growth! The whole concept of Void was utterly fascinating and tons of new things for me to learn!

Paranormal. Reverse Harem. Bully. Romance. Unique storyline.

“I was a Void.”

Devicka Cainson had a spine right from the start! She was shunned, bullied, and basically misunderstood. And yet, she didn’t let any of that stop her from being her. She clapped back when it was necessary and she was a ‘take shit from no one’ type of girl, MY type of girl! I love heroines who have a spine, some sassy with a fiery attitude and a mouth piece to match it! I loved her vulnerability because it showed her true strength. I loved how she was accepting of who she was, even in the darkest moments where she felt like she didn’t fit in.

“As much as it terrified me, I refused to look weak. If he thought threatening me with a death sentence could stop the Void, he was dead wrong. I couldn’t stop it. The Void was uncontrollable. It was violate and deadly. It was part of me but separate at the same time.”

The minute we learned more about Devicka and her powers, the more sucked in I got so deeply into this unique and intriguing storyline! Her powers, the way she weaves them was unlike anything I’ve ever read! Although her powers have been misunderstood, even by Devicka herself.

“Why was I always the villain, when all I ever tried to be was the hero?”

Then comes the boys, the paragons, Devicka’s boys. Render, Hyde, Grit, and Quade. She’s a lucky ass because my goodness... THEY GOT ME HOT AND BOTHERED. Each of them, in their own way. Yes, they were mean af at first, but the minute they all began to click and connect, I WAS SWOONING. Literally fanning myself from all the moments she shared with each of them! There was more than erotic things that happened between the guys and Dev, there was depth and emotion. Something that I didn’t expect and something that I absolutely loved!

“But for once, right now, I didn’t feel like I was erasing anything. I didn’t feel like a Void—a word that was usually spat out like a curse.”

Dev’s powers were what I loved the most about this book! Not only did it carry the whole storyline with the ever growing depth and layers to what we experience and learn, but it made all of the sex scenes HOT. Her powers were out of this world unique and cool and just outstanding! It makes me wish that this book was more than just a standalone, but a trilogy!! I would love to re-visit Dev and her boys’ because that’s how invested I was into this storyline and these characters! I fell in love with them!

“They all did something to me inside, and I needed to learn to shut it off. Those paragons were dangerous for me.”

Nonetheless, Void was a fantastic, all-consuming read! I could not put it down from beginning to end! The minute I was sucked in, I WAS DEEPLY LOST. I didn’t want to leave this world or stop reading about these characters! The flow was just right and it had the perfect balance of world building information, character development, steamy, and some side drama! My only thing was Hyde, in which I felt like he was more tossed to the side than the other three boys. I wanted more of him because I did enjoy and like his character very much! Overall though, it didn’t hinder my reading enjoyment or experience!! I loved it and shouted to all my friends to grab this book like RFN!

If you’re a fan or even remotely interested to jump into the world of paranormal reverse harem bully romances... I’d say GO for this book! I know forsure I’ll be devouring their backlist! I’ve already taken some sneak peeks and I’m already IN LOVE!

Bravo, Coralee June and Raven Kennedy!! I cannot wait to see what you ladies have in store for us next!

Four and a half dreamy stars: 💫💫💫💫💫

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Void.

June 11, 2019 – Shelved
June 11, 2019 –
0.0% "Currently buddy reading this with my babe, Jess! ♥️"
June 13, 2019 – Started Reading
June 16, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Kat (new)