Quinn's Quippy Quotes's Reviews > Indefinite

Indefinite by Corinne Michaels

I'm okay with it because I want this with you. I want everything with you."
My fingers lift, touch his face.
"For how long?"
He shakes his head as thought I'm missing the obvious.
"Indefinitely."

I love how Corinne Michaels thinks that she can fool me into believing that the stories that she writes are these sweet little fluffy romances. Come on Corinne, we're on to your sick and twisted little ways to get us to cling to every little word that you type. And boy have we been begging for this one!

Quinn and Ashton's story has been the carrot that has been dangled in front of our faces since Beloved. And knowing how those previous love stories have unfolded(mostly with me clutching my childhood blankie and cradling myself in a fetal position) I knew that she wasn't going to hold back with these two. Because, you know, Corinne likes to kill people. I mean, does the FBI have a file on her? Is she being monitored?? Should we alert the authorities?

Corinne has a way of creating intense heartache even when you know it's coming. Ashton and Quinn are very stubborn and authoritative people. I knew that their fall out was going to be a big one.

"You can lie to me all you want..."
She pauses, eyes locked on mine.
"But you can't lie to yourself. You may not want to love me, but you do. The saddest part of all of this is that, when you realize it... when you're home from this deployment and all the guys are hugging their wives and kids, it'll be too late. I'll be gone."

But with heartache comes the redemption. Quinn will use everything in his power to prove to Ashton that he's changed and that she is everything he has ever needed and wanted.

I'm ready for the fight of my life, and no matter what scars I end up with, I won't care as long as I win her back.

Quinn's pursuit to win over Ashton is incredibly romantic and swoon worthy. It kind freaks me out that I'm able to swoon over my own namesake, but I'm not willing to dive that far into my psyche right now....so, moving on.

But just as you see Quinn and Ashton's story coming into this lovely romance, you can feel the darkness creep into the peripheral. Because you know that it's not going to last. And with Corinne, it's going to be bad(that sick and twisted little minx) and not only is it bad, but double bad.

And now the damn wait. The wait to see what the hell is going to happen to his couple that I fought alongside for. The couple that I fell in love with. I wait for the next punch, the next blow, the tears and heartache. And I can't wait.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Indefinite.

June 11, 2019 – Started Reading
June 11, 2019 – Shelved
June 11, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
June 11, 2019 –
5.0% "Chapter 1: Cue the heartache and incesent crying. Check. Ahhhh, the Salvation series is back. Keep hydrated girls."
June 11, 2019 –
47.0% "Things are getting interesting..."
June 12, 2019 –
74.0% "So Corinne thinks that she's fooling me into this fluffy storyline, but I'm not buying it! I know there's heartache around the corner, you little devil!! Just ripe of the damn band-aide!"
June 12, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)

Melissa Best review ever

Elizabeth Swain This review is hilarious and completely true! Buhaha!

Melissa TRUTH.

Berry ♡ Nice 🧡 LOVE it

message 5: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Love this!

Tiffy T Awesome review!

Peggy Copeland Love it

Kristina Wampler Best review ever!!!

Erin Absolutely... dang grim reaper

Sherry Great review!!

Yamina -Women Who Stare at Books Brilliant review!!

Janet Iacono Oh I love this review !!!

Ashley This review is spot on!

Elizabeth Swain Buhahaha

Erika Caffey Spot on review!

Jill M This review is AMAZING!

kgagnon I am not good at waiting either! lol
Loved your review tho!

Jacquie Lmao, your review is spot on! Not only about Quinn and Ashton but about Corinne, as well! AWESOME review!

Megan Watson Omg this review is perfect! Especially the fetal position rocking with your childhood blankie 🤣🤣

Marcia Excellent review!!

message 21: by Angela (new)

Angela Lamb Totally agree!

Amber Gragg Yesss yessss yesss

message 23: by Kristy (new) - added it

Kristy I’m 2/3 through this book and want to shelf it until the finale comes out b/c I know I’m going to be left in a mess at the end! Corinne loves to torture us like that!! I just keep wanting more of her torture tho ♥️