N.D. Jackson's Reviews > Back For More

Back For More by Sylvia Kane

liked it

Back For More was a different read than what I'm used to with the characters  acting so young but after a few chapters I got into it and things were going well. The main characters weren't unknown to each other when we're introduced to them so that gave the story a deeper layer right from the start.

Both Corina and Kurt have family issues, albeit different ones, and it was a nice thing to bond over. A bit atypical, I'd say which helped. I'm always a fan of best friends little sister trope even thought I pretty much loathe the overprotective Neanderthal brother thing (insert eye roll here), but for me Corina was pretty much unlikable. I get that she had issues but the story didn't dig too deep to help us understand and empathize with her plight, which meant she was mostly annoying.

That being said, I did enjoy the couple together. There was tension and sensuality, a bit of humor and the obligatory conflict. I enjoyed the read and it was a pretty quick one, I just wished some parts had been addressed a bit more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Back For More.

Finished Reading