Jessica Roessler's Reviews > The Help

The Help by Callie Rose

With the common bully trope, we are starting to see Bully High School Romance Galore, and this is something I am truly happy about because I LOVE this trope. But, sometimes these books can be really similar. I have to say, Callie Rose was able to take a trope that I SO enjoy reading, and make it completely her own. The Help had me on my toes from beginning to end, and I am already dying for book 2!
Harlow's mother was able to get herself a well paying job across the country in a town called Fox Hill, CT. They have decided to move there, and create a better life for themselves. Little did Harlow or her mother know what lies in wait. Lincoln, River, Dax and Chase. They certainly knew how to make Harlow "feel welcome".
There is so much more to this story than just bullies wanting "The Help" to know their supposed place. There is mystery and suspense. Danger that you never knew was coming. &Heartbreaking betrayal that may even be unforgiveable. Callie managed to stun me time after time. She managed to evoke so many of my emotions while I got sucked deeper and deeper into this story. You hurt for Harlow. You feel excited, calm, and hopeful for her as well. Then, you feel utterly heart broken, betrayed...and even disgusted for her.
The feelings I was previously describing. Those ending emotions....I can promise you that you have no idea what is coming, or the reasoning behind why you will feel that way. I rarely read a book where I find myself completely stunned. I'm always able to somewhat predict what is going to happen. That is not the case with this one. I was suprised not only by the very thought-provoking and heart wrenching cliffhanger; but throughout the entire story. The twists and turns were everything, making it SO very hard to put down. &Everything you experience and feel whilst reading is just SO worth it. Callie pulled out all the stops with book one of the Kings of Linwood, and all I can say is for you to take that chance, read this book, and get as sucked in as I was. You will be so happy that you gave it a shot, because this is one of those series that you are going to be waiting SO impatiently for the next one, and when you finally get it, you are going to want more!
So yes. I highly, highly recommend The Help by Callie Rose. She wrecked me, but in such a great way. &I am SO unbelievably ready for the next one!
Jess of One Click Romance

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Help.

Finished Reading