Chana's Reviews > Thirst: 2600 Miles to Home

Thirst by Heather "Anish" Anderson

bookshelves: travel-diaries, non-fiction, memoirs-and-biographies, through-hiking

I enjoyed Heather's story very much. She has grit and determination beyond anything I have ever imagined. I have a little secret wish in me to through hike. I am 61 with no hiking skills or experience whatsoever. I go out and walk in my neighborhood with my secret wish in my heart. It is a live spark within me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thirst.

June 11, 2019 – Started Reading
June 11, 2019 – Shelved
June 16, 2019 – Shelved as: travel-diaries
June 16, 2019 – Shelved as: non-fiction
June 16, 2019 – Shelved as: memoirs-and-biographies
June 16, 2019 – Shelved as: through-hiking
June 16, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Cindy (new) - added it

Cindy I love reading these stories but can’t seem to figure out how to do this where it doesn’t involve incredible hardships. I like flush toilets and real beds too much. But over the years I have spent a good amount of time hiking some beautiful spots in the National Parks - Glacier in Montana, Mt Rainier in Washington, Crater Lake in Oregon, Smoky Mts in Tennessee - and I love spending time out in nature.

Jennifer Check out El Camino de Santiago. I’m 60 and plan to hike this 500 mile pilgrimage for the 5th time next year.

Chana Wow! That's great Jennifer. And Cindy, I hear that, especially about the flush toilets.