Julie's Reviews > Her Little White Lie

Her Little White Lie by Yutta Narukami

bookshelves: 2019

Her Little White Lie by by Yutta Narukami (Illustrator), Maisey Yates is a 2017 Harlequin/ SB Creative publication.

After the death of her friend, Paige is desperate to adopt her daughter. To better her chances, she tells a little white lie. She claims she is engaged to be married to Dante, her boss at the department store where she works. But when the press gets wind of his engagement, Dante sees an opportunity to repair his bad reputation. Marrying an employee and helping to adopt an orphaned child would make him look like a hero. So, he moves Paige and Ana into his home.

Believing that closing himself off and avoiding tender feelings of any kind the best course of action for him, Dante soon finds himself conflicted as Paige and Ana worm their way into his heart. Yet, he continues to harden his heart against them. Can Paige and Ana heal his damaged soul?

This is one of the best Manga versions of a previously released Harlequin romance that I have read so far. This is a very sweet story, and of course, I’m a sucker for the dark, brooding and damaged hero type. The tender moments between Dante and Ana are heart melting and his transformation is touching.

The artist did an amazing job with the illustrations and the note about the happily ever at the end capped it all off.

I love seeing old books get a facelift and reach new audiences, but I’m not going to lie- choosing a book published seven years ago, as opposed to one published thirty or more years ago, is probably why this one worked better than the other ones I’ve tried.

I love reading older books and have a healthy collection of old vintage Harlequins that I like reading one from time to time, for kicks and giggles. However, they are just too hard to update and make palatable to the modern audience, even if you know what to expect. I admire the concept, but I hope I can find more like this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Little White Lie.

June 11, 2019 – Shelved
June 11, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
June 20, 2019 – Started Reading
June 22, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019
June 22, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)

message 1: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Wonderful review as ever Julie, glad you enjoyed it 🌸💕

Julie Maureen wrote: "Wonderful review as ever Julie, glad you enjoyed it 🌸💕"

Thank you so much, Maureen!! 💕

RedemptionDenied Great review, Julie! Glad you enjoyed it!

Julie RedemptionDenied wrote: "Great review, Julie! Glad you enjoyed it!"

Thank you, RD!! 😊

message 5: by Kaceey (new)

Kaceey Fantastic review Julie!🤗💖

Julie Kaceey wrote: "Fantastic review Julie!🤗💖"

Thank you, Kaceey!! 😊💕

message 7: by KAS (new)

KAS Oooohhhh, a brooding, damage hero, eh?!? Sounds good to me ;) Glad you really enjoyed, Julie, and fabulous review!
❤️😘❤️

Julie KAS wrote: "Oooohhhh, a brooding, damage hero, eh?!? Sounds good to me ;) Glad you really enjoyed, Julie, and fabulous review!
❤️😘❤️"

Thank you, dear KAS!! 💕😊💕

message 9: by Tina (new)

Tina So glad you are enjoying these Manga books and especially this one! Great review!

message 10: by leslie hamod (new)

leslie hamod Beautiful review my dear Julie 🌹

message 11: by Angela M (new)

Angela M Wonderful review, Julie.

message 12: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Great review Julie! This sounds quite sweet. Glad you enjoyed!

message 13: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta Excellent review, Julie!

Julie Tina wrote: "So glad you are enjoying these Manga books and especially this one! Great review!"

Thank you, dear Tina!!💕

Julie Jonetta wrote: "Excellent review, Julie!"

Thank you, Jonetta!! 💕

Julie Susanne wrote: "Great review Julie! This sounds quite sweet. Glad you enjoyed!"

Thank you, Susanne!! I was a very nice story! 💕

Julie Angela M wrote: "Wonderful review, Julie."

Thank you, Angela!! 💕

Julie leslie hamod wrote: "Beautiful review my dear Julie 🌹"

Thank you, dear Leslie!! 💕

message 19: by Richard (new)

Richard An enticing review Julie :)

Julie Richard wrote: "An enticing review Julie :)"

Thank you, Richard! I'm still experimenting with this format. It's been fun, so far! 😊

message 21: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie Sounds like this one has incredible artwork! Glad you enjoyed it, lovely review

Julie Mackenzie wrote: "Sounds like this one has incredible artwork! Glad you enjoyed it, lovely review"

Thank you, Mackenzie!! The illustrator did a terrific job on this one. 😊💕

message 23: by Debra (new)

Debra Fabulous review Julie! Glad you enjoyed the facelift this book received.

Julie Debra wrote: "Fabulous review Julie! Glad you enjoyed the facelift this book received."

Thank you, Debra!! 😊💕

message 25: by *TUDOR^QUEEN* (new)

*TUDOR^QUEEN* Exquisite review! 💓 Glad you enjoyed it 🌞🔰

Julie *TUDOR^QUEEN* wrote: "Exquisite review! 💓 Glad you enjoyed it 🌞🔰"

Thank you, TQ!! 😊💕

message 27: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Lovely to see how much you enjoy these. Fantastic review Julie! 🌹💞

message 28: by JV (semi-hiatus) (new)

JV (semi-hiatus) Wonderfully reviewed dear Julie! 🥰

message 29: by JanB (new)

JanB Your explanation of why this worked makes perfect sense. Glad you enjoyed it Julie and hope you can find more :)

Julie Nicola wrote: "Lovely to see how much you enjoy these. Fantastic review Julie! 🌹💞"

Thank you, Nicola!! 💕

Julie JanB wrote: "Your explanation of why this worked makes perfect sense. Glad you enjoyed it Julie and hope you can find more :)"

Thank you so much, Jan!! 💕

Julie JV (semi-hiatus) wrote: "Wonderfully reviewed dear Julie! 🥰"

Thank you very much, JV!! 💕

message 33: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Ansbro The term 'eclectic reader' most definitely applies to you, Julie! : )
Fab review!

Julie Kevin wrote: "The term 'eclectic reader' most definitely applies to you, Julie! : )
Fab review!"