Energy's Reviews > The Rest of the Story

The Rest of the Story by Sarah Dessen

54301934

Emma Saylor is headed out to North Lake while her father is on his honeymoon. Emma lost her mother years ago and she likes Bridget, so she's happy for them. Going out to North Lake will give Emma a chance to get to know her mother's family. It's nothing like she was expecting and everything she had been needing.

This was a fun story and there are some really great characters. Watching her family slowly open up to her and accept her was great. As other's are saying, I think we all have a soft spot for Roo. As far as Emma's father, I didn't like him. We didn't get too much of a chance to get to know him before the honeymoon, but he seemed easy going. He was anything but. He's strict and controlling and has no faith in his daughter.

The story was a lot of fun and I enjoyed watching Emma blossom in the light of her new family. If there was one thing I didn't like, it was that I was disappointed that the Trinity storyline fizzled out and we didn't get an update that we had heard about so often in the book. The summer fun, small-town setting, and the competing town of Lake North make for a great summer read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rest of the Story.

June 9, 2019 – Started Reading