Robert Owens's Reviews > Mum's the Word

Mum's the Word by Kate Collins

liked it
bookshelves: cozy-mystery, cozy-mystery-bookclub, fiction, kindle

This was the June 2019 read for my cozy mystery bookclub. While it wasn't the best cozy I've read, I enjoyed Abigail, the nosey florist who gets involved to solve the murder. The concensus of my group is they did not care for her nor the story.

The story certainly had problems. Abigail was able to obtain information that a normal would not (bank account information, or instance). In addition, she sneaked into a store's storeroom twice. I just don't see that happening.

Yet, with the flaws, I found this to be an okay read. It flowed well. Turns out the author was really pushing one line of clues that turned out to be nothing. I wasn't so overwhelmed that I will continue the series, but it was a fine Sunday afternoon read for me.

We had some of the usual set-up: young woman, red hair, quaint shop (florist), with multiple love interests, and a crazy mother. But the town was not discribed in cute-ish language like most are and Abigail seemed more wifty than most main characters. Enjoyed the character of Marco; he was well-written.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mum's the Word.

June 9, 2019 – Started Reading