Connie's Reviews > Covering all the Bases

Covering all the Bases by Jody Holford

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Entangled Publishing and NetGalley and I am voluntarily reviewing.

I adored this story. Unfortunately I started it late in the day and stayed up late to finish it. I could not put it down. I was so thoroughly enchanted with Isla inheriting a professional baseball team from her paternal grandfather that she didn't know was still alive (due to her manipulative and controlling father). Isla is too late to meet her grandfather before he passes away. In her grief and despair, she enters into a bar to get out of the cold rain. There she meet a gorgeous man behind the bar, Liam. Isla thinks that Liam is just your typical bartender. She doesn't normally go to bars so she has no idea. She is intrigued with the handsome Liam and vice versa. Liam offers Isla the use of the upstairs apartment over the bar as he realizes that he would like to spend more time with her. Especially as Isla has no idea that he is a MLB heavy-hitter for the hometown team. It is the next day when Isla is informed of her inheritance and then later discovers that Liam, the man who showed her around town and who is taking up more and more of her thoughts, is a player on the team. These two go through so much to get to their HEA that I just could not stop reading. Ms. Holford did such a wonderful job in creating such wonderful and realistic characters that I just become too attached.

The story was beautifully written. There was no part in this story that felt forced. It flowed smoothly. In fact, I really hated to see the story end. I would love to see another story with Isla's assistant Addie or even Liam's sister, Talia (really I'm hoping for both!)

The story was written in a dual POV format. That is my favorite as I can get into the characters' thought processes. It really helps me to identify with them and to understand their actions and speech so much better.

This is just a great story. I highly recommend this to anyone. There were a few "bedroom" scenes but the way that the author wrote them really left it up to the reader's imagination as to what actually went on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Covering all the Bases.

Finished Reading