Garan's Reviews > Crown of Coral and Pearl

Crown of Coral and Pearl by Mara Rutherford

Mara Rutherford's novel, Crown of Coral and Pearl, is filled with moments that will satisfy all of your fantasy needs. There were many times throughout this novel that things felt familiar to other fantasies that I had read before but there were plenty instances where I was blown away by something fresh and bright.

I love the relationship between Nor and her twin sister. It felt very dynamic and incredibly realistic. I love reading about twins in literature so I was completely excited when I found out that this book was about twins.

The romance in the book wasn't my favorite thing I've ever read but it wasn't bothersome enough to really annoy me. I just felt that it was very sudden and I didn't have enough time to invest anything into it.

The villain was interesting. The author definitely made me feel bad for him with his tragic past which honestly that's all it takes for me to forgive any villain. I think Ceren was one of the most fleshed out characters in the book and a great deal of the moments that I did really enjoy were because of him.

All in all, it was a rather enjoyable book. It was a quick and engaging read and I look forward to reading more work by the author.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crown of Coral and Pearl.

Finished Reading
April 17, 2019 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
April 17, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
June 10, 2019 – Shelved