Lola 's Reviews > Her Royal Highness

Her Royal Highness by Rachel Hawkins

bookshelves: 2019-publications, boarding-school, royalty, lgbt

Another royal romance!

This is the companion novel to Royals (or Prince Charming) but it can safely be read as a standalone. Daisy, her sister and boyfriend make only a short appearance and you will not feel lost at any point. But you can certainly get lost in the interesting and unusual romance between Peasant Millie and Princess Flora, I’ll allow it.

This story combines some of my top favourite things in books: boarding schools, princesses and enemies-to-lovers relationships. Millie and Flora do not get off on the right foot and it takes them time to connect, neither of them knowing how to behave around the other. Besides, Flora wants to go home and Millie was ecstatic to be getting a scholarship so she’s not going anywhere. It seems like they couldn’t be more different.

But opposites attract. And I don’t think it’s possible not to have something in common with another person, any person. Sure you may not be soul mates but there must be one thing you can agree on or share together. Millie finds that in Flora and Flora, while cold and distant in the beginning, starts to remove some of the brick walls surrounding her heart as she gets to know her roommate. Did I not mention they’re rooming together? Oh yeah, baby.

Have fun reading this. I sure did.

Blog | Youtube | Twitter | Instagram | Google+ | Bloglovin’

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Royal Highness.

June 10, 2019 – Started Reading
June 10, 2019 – Shelved
June 10, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Rachel (new) - added it

Rachel Aranda So glad you had fun with this book. It seems like a perfect book for summer.

Lola Yes!! Definitely!!

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ I want to read this so bad!! I'm so glad you said it can be read as a standalone because I'm more interested in this than Royals lol. Definitely going to tackle this one soon <3 Awesome review, Lola x

Lola aaah please read it, it's fun!!

message 5: by ChipsAhoyM80 (new)

ChipsAhoyM80 Wow, I just saw "peasant millie and princess flora" and now I'm sold.

Lola Hehe ;)