Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile's Reviews > On the Way Back

On the Way Back by Ella Fox

22038074

liked it

Spoilers ahead

This continues after the devastating news in book 1,we actually went back a bit as we got the H's POV at the time of the incident. The h had a long road to recovery after the trauma she experienced, I liked that the H never gave up on her. He didn't take the "divorce" as an opportunity to cheat but reiterated a million times that he loved his wife and wanted to be with her. I cried a lot at the beginning and was happy to see them recover and pick up the pieces of their lives. That ending was all the damn things, I was so happy for them!

I will say that the 9/11 incident covered here threw me off a bit but all in all this was a sweet but emotional read that I enjoyed.

******
ETA

IT creeped me out that the h's grandmother ended up with the H's uncle because he dated her daughter before he was with her. Granted the daughter was a bitch extraordinaire but still that's gross!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Way Back.

Finished Reading
June 9, 2019 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Sometime (new)

Sometime What a revolutionary idea! A Hero who stays faithful and fights for his love instead of becoming a raging manwhore the day the divorce is final (while claiming he loved her the whole time).

Can you tell I'm so over second chance romance? ;)

Great review!

Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile OMG right!??!! I'm with you there, so fed up of that bs! Thank you