Susan Johnston's Reviews > Something Borrowed, Something Mewed

Something Borrowed, Something Mewed by Bethany Blake

F 50x66

Princess Fuzzypants here: This is a fun, fast moving cozy which stars a basset hound and two cats. Oh yes, there are some humans and a murder and a wedding and some betrayals and scams but they are secondary to the animals. We join Daphne, her sister and future brother in law, their two diva mothers, and a wedding planner who is planning a scarper with the money from several events. The scarper is cut short when the wedding planner is strangled by a garter. Considering the fleeced brides she has left in the lurch, it is apt repayment.
Now Daphne must try to re-invent a wedding for her sister on a very tight time line. It doesn’t help that the future groom happens to be one of the prime suspects. A second death takes suspicion off him but there is still a lot to be done, including figuring out the murderer of not one but two victims. There are plenty of red herrings so that when all is revealed, there are some big surprises.
But as I say my favourite parts of the book are when the animals take over. In fact, without actually saying a word, they are quite eloquent...and very funny. It requires a deft paw to do that well. Kudos.
I give it five purrs and two paws up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something Borrowed, Something Mewed.

Finished Reading