Kylie D's Reviews > While You Were Reading

While You Were Reading by Ali Berg

Well, I did enjoy this book, just not as much as I enjoyed 'The Book Ninja" from the same authors. In 'While You Were Reading' we follow the story of Bea, new to Melbourne with no friends as such, and a job she hates. Her only respite is the café downstairs, owned by barista/poet Dino. Then one day she comes across a book in a second hand bookstore. It's not just any book though, this one has scribbles and annotations from a previous owner, and Bea soon becomes obsessed by finding the writer of the profound offerings. The clues lead her to handsome editor Zach, and then Bea's life goes into freefall.

The main problem I had with this book was that I really wasn't feeling the chemistry between the main characters. It was a bit like grandma's undies where we should have had sexy lingerie. I also fail to see how anyone could become so obsessed with jottings in a book, however lovely they are. Having said that I did like this book, and read through it quickly. I just didn't find it earth shattering.

My thanks to Simon & Schuster Australia for an uncorrected proof to read and review. The opinions are entirely my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read While You Were Reading.

June 8, 2019 – Shelved
June 10, 2019 – Shelved as: monthly-challenges
June 10, 2019 – Shelved as: contemporary-fiction
June 10, 2019 – Shelved as: seasonal-challenges
June 10, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Suzanne (new) - added it

Suzanne Oh no.. grandma's undies doesn't sound too crash hot! I have this here but won't rush to it ;)

Kylie D Suzanne wrote: "Oh no.. grandma's undies doesn't sound too crash hot! I have this here but won't rush to it ;)"

Haha Suzanne, I'll look forward to reading your review when you get to it ;)

message 3: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Fab review Kylie! You made me smile! 😊

Kylie D Nicola wrote: "Fab review Kylie! You made me smile! 😊"

Awww, thanks Nicola :)

message 5: by Brenda (new)

Brenda I really didn't like the first one Kylie, so wouldn't read this one anyway. Good, heartfelt review :)

Kylie D Thanks Brenda, there’s so many mixed reviews of the first one 😊

message 7: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Yes there sure are :)

message 8: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda Markham I soooo want to read this book. Loved your review

Kylie D Amanda wrote: "I soooo want to read this book. Loved your review"

Thanks so much Amanda, I hope you enjoy it :)