Deborah Ideiosepius's Reviews > Savage Nature

Savage Nature by Christine Feehan

This was a fun supernatural romance book by an author that I have enjoyed in the past. I approached it with a little trepidation because it was not the first in the Leopard People series, a series I had not read any of before and which I had hoped to start (if at all) with #1.

This book however exceeded my expectations: I had no read sense of missing information or that I was trying to catch up with a previous story I had not read, it was an enjoyable story and very amenable to being read as a stand alone.

Saria Boudreaux has grown up in the small community of a Louisiana bayou and loves the swamp, it is her refuge, her happy place and she earns a living as a tour guide as well as hoping to build a reputation as a wildlife photographer. Despite coming from a fairly large family, she has always felt isolated since her brothers are much older than her. As a child she always felt excluded by them and one day she found out why; her brothers were shifters and could turn into leopards. When Saria starts finding bodies in the bayou with evidence of having been killed by a great cat, she is not game to approach her brothers but finally gets a letter through to the absent owner of the lands her family (and others) lease.

Enter Drake Donovan, he has worked for the owner of these lands for years, he is an experienced team leader - and his team are ALL shifters, all men who can and do turn into leopards at will (well, more or less at will) and live in balance between their human and great cat natures.

As soon as Drake arrives, he realises there is a female leopard about to emerge - this is the wholly unaware Saria, or course. But Drake also has to sort out who is responsible for the murders while navigating the pitfalls of this very isolated, very non functional Lair. Because it turns out that most of the families making their living from the bayou are shifters...

Well, I hope that does not give to much away, but honestly, the story is remarkable well written, with lots of intertwining plots, multiple characters and interesting information. I know nothing about Louisiana or bayou's but the setting was lush, exotic and intriguing. The romance was believable, the main characters likable and the sex scenes were very nice indeed.

Would recommend for anyone who likes the supernatural romance (for adults) genera.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Savage Nature.

June 8, 2019 – Started Reading