Hayden's Reviews > Wolverine Noir

Wolverine Noir by Stuart Moore

did not like it
bookshelves: comics-graphic-novels

I never actually read this book. Never got to, that is. After reading Claremont/Miller's Wolverine story a year ago, I ordered this off Amazon, which is a film noir-style take on that same story. It came in the mail, and I was in the middle of a book, and didn't get around to reading this for about two weeks. After being excited and anticipating an awesome take on my favorite Marvel character (the cover is really badass), I opened it. Since it's a noir book, part of the gimmick is that it's printed on cheap pulpy paper. Because of that, somewhere between Amazon's warehouse and my doorstep, all of the inked words had worn off of the paper from the speechboxes. Every single fucking one. It looks like an incomplete comic book, just pictures and speechboxes but no words. I can tell that they were there, because when I hold a light directly over the page, you can somewhat see the ghost of where the letters were, but it's on almost every page, and absolutely unintelligible. I made a complaint with Amazon, but I guess I had reached a limit on how many days I had before I could return the book or something, because I never got a response. So there's ten bucks down the drain.

I would recommend you not buy this, unless you wanna risk the possibility of throwing ten dollars on a picture book. If you're lucky enough to buy it and it actually be a normal copy, let me know how it was, I still want to read it. The dysfuntional copy still sits on my bookshelf next to the Claremont/Miller story, just because I'm too OCD to throw a book away.

1/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wolverine Noir.

Started Reading