Raafi's Reviews > Darius the Great Is Not Okay

Darius the Great Is Not Okay by Adib Khorram

bookshelves: 2019, english, kindle

It's hard to decide whether I love Darius or hate him. But I would stand in the middle. He is a half-Persian, American who comes to Iran to get to know his ancestral history and stuff. He meets Sohrab, a guy his age who loves to play soccer/non-American football. Their connection towards each other starts there.

It's not just a story about learning and living in a distinct way of life. It's more about how depression still bother you even it's not ruling you. And that was the main purpose of the author writing this book. It also contains Star Trek, The Lord of the Ring, and Persian tea references.

Such an important, diverse, yet easy-reading book.

(I made a collection of Persian food mentioned in the book here.)

(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darius the Great Is Not Okay.

June 8, 2019 – Started Reading
June 8, 2019 – Shelved
June 8, 2019 –
June 9, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019
June 9, 2019 – Shelved as: english
June 9, 2019 – Shelved as: kindle
June 9, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by mayday (new)

mayday Not the shia part? Learn about that tok, yes. Di sini sering digunakan buat menebar kebencian juga.

Raafi M A Y D A Y wrote: "Not the shia part? Learn about that tok, yes. Di sini sering digunakan buat menebar kebencian juga."

I didn't see the shia in this book sih.

message 3: by mayday (new)

mayday It's the whole Iran.

Raafi I know. it mentioned about Islam and maybe, just maybe, the shia is the whole Iran's Islam. but it isn't represented here.

message 5: by mayday (new)

mayday "di sini" di atas refers buat tempat kita, bukan bukunya.