Tari's Reviews > For a Good Paws

For a Good Paws by Linda O. Johnston

bookshelves: 2019-spring-challenge, june-2019-ereader

I've only read one other book in this series (book 4) but I quickly got acquainted with Carrie and all her very likable friends in Knobcone Heights, so a return there was really enjoyable. This was a good mystery that involved one of Carrie's own employees and the death of a man she'd argued with, but somehow the detectives have come to expect Carrie to come to bat for people she knows and cares about--even though they enjoy giving her a little grief sometimes about investigating.

The two characters that really grew on me from the last book were Billi, who is a councilwoman and runs the animal rescue in Knobcone, and Arvie, the sweet older vet that Carrie works for at her vet tech job...when she's not at her bakeries or chasing clues. I definitely didn't see it coming about who the perp was until the clues started coming together. I like that Carrie is smart about investigating and keeps her phone on her at all times--it could just save her life someday! ;) I have the best of intentions to start this series from the beginning, but there are so many cozy mysteries out there that distract me. I'll keep trying though.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley, and my opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For a Good Paws.

June 7, 2019 – Started Reading